Home Office Insurance

Having the right insurance whilst working from home is all about peace of mind. Make sure your business is protected from hard knocks with insurance from Elliott Westland Insurance Brokers.

What insurance might you need?

Professional indemnity insurance
Put simply, professional indemnity insurance covers the work you do. If you provide advice or a service that customers pay for, they could sue you or claim compensation if they feel you’ve made a mistake or cost them money. Without professional indemnity insurance, the expert legal support to defend a claim against
your company – plus any compensation you need to pay to settle it – could be very expensive. In this case, our professional indemnity insurance protects you.

Public liability insurance
If you have visitors to your home-workplace or visit other people on business – public liability cover could be for you. It covers you if someone is injured on your property and makes a claim, or if you accidentally damage their property. Claims can arise from the most unexpected quarter. Say a client trips over a rug while crossing your hallway and has a bad fall – you could be found liable for compensation costs. Likewise, if you scratch or spill something on furnishings during a visit – you could face repair bills.

Employers’ liability insurance
When the going gets good, it’s likely you’ll need some assistance. If you take on any staff – and that includes full and part time staff, freelancers or volunteers – you need to have at least 5 million employers’ liability cover. It’s required by law. If someone you are directly responsible for is injured as a result of working for you, you need to be sure they are properly looked after – and ensure your business is not harmed too. With us, you’ll get 10 million cover as standard.

Business equipment
Launching a business these days often involves quite an investment in technology – computers, software, phones and the like – as well as any specialist equipment related to your field. If you work from home, business items probably won’t be covered by your home contents policy. Simply get a quote for business insurance and you can add these and other optional extras.

Vehicles and goods in transit
You’ll also need to think about insuring yourself on the move. Once you start using your van for
business use, you’ll probably have to change your policy, to stay covered. Take a look at what our van insurance can do for you. You can also insure stock and goods that you carry or send via third parties.

Products liability
If a product you’ve supplied causes injury or property damage, you could end up footing compensation and legal defence bills. With products liability cover, you’ll have the peace of mind you’re covered.

Phone: 0191 510 3354

Email: enquiries@ewinsurance.co.uk

Address: Unit 1 Lambton House, Newbottle Street, Houghton-le-Spring, DH4 4AR